Re: Outside telephone jack?

Arlington makes a recessed outdoor "in-use" enclosure in several models
including retrofit versions. You won't find them at Home Depot but any
electrical supply house can order them for you. Cost is about $12.
 See: http://www.aifittings.com/whnew74_retrofit.htm

That enclosure will accept "Decora" plates which means that you can use
a decora keystone plate with up to 6 phone/network/audio/video inserts.
Even when cords are plugged in, the door on the box stays closed and
flush to the wall and remains rain tight.
 When not in use, I'd put a foam insert inside to keep bugs out and/or
plug "dummy" plugs into the jacks.
  See: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=261-444