Re: Outside telephone jack?

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:47:17 GMT, BruceR <razrbruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Arlington makes a recessed outdoor "in-use" enclosure in several models
>including retrofit versions. You won't find them at Home Depot but any
>electrical supply house can order them for you. Cost is about $12.
> See: http://www.aifittings.com/whnew74_retrofit.htm

I like it. Especially the horizontal one. I had found these:

Vanco International 31870
http://www1.acehardwareoutlet.com/html/product31870.htm

Philmore TWP67 (handles RJ11/RJ14)
http://www.minute-man.com/acatalog/Wall_Phone_Jacks.html
http://www.philmore-datak.com/phone_w_plates.htm

But they are vertical. Being a brick wall only horizontal makes sense.

>That enclosure will accept "Decora" plates which means that you can use
>a decora keystone plate with up to 6 phone/network/audio/video inserts.
>Even when cords are plugged in, the door on the box stays closed and
>flush to the wall and remains rain tight.
> When not in use, I'd put a foam insert inside to keep bugs out and/or
>plug "dummy" plugs into the jacks.
>  See: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=261-444

I couldn't get that link to work.

Thanks for the find!