Re: No more X10 at Radio Shack?

> If your RF devices are labelled, as many are, "must accept harmful
> interference" then your options are limited again.  Is it likely RadioRA
> will get knocked out by some unknown EMI?  Well, it may end up in 30 years
> that the airwaves become as troublesome to RadioRA as the powerlines have
> become to X-10.

Again, I call bullshit, and now FUD.  I've got my RadioRA repeater smack in
the middle of an equipment room that's rife with RF noise.  It's been
completely reliable.  This is a room that even an X10 mouseremote and a
RadioShack RF-IR repeater (not a powermid) won't work reliably.  I have to
put them 12' away and run wire to them.  So much for sowing fear,
uncertainty and doubt...

> In the case of X-10 overcoming increasingly noisier power lines, it took
> some retrofitting, but it was by and large transparent - except to the
bank
> account!  Would they have done X-10 differently with 30 years' hindsight?

The point is these days junk like X10 has no place.  Cobbling up band-aids
on it and dealing with utterly horrible inconsistencies in manufacturing
quality makes it far too aggravating to put up with any longer.