Re: CM11 Status Request (C# Language)

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 06:00:25 GMT, Charles Sullivan wrote:
> I've seen some unusual behavior of USB->Serial adapters compared with
> actual serial ports under Linux.  I've assumed these are bugs in the
> Linux drivers but Windows drivers (for some adapters at least) may exhibit
> similar behavior.
>
> E.g., a blocking read of N bytes may return after the first byte read.  So
> Dave's polling ought to work, while expecting to get all N bytes with one
> read may fail.

I heard of such things and my understanding is that these USB/serial
dongles are usually dongles meant for PDA's for some reason they have
a lot of trouble acting as normal serial ports. I'm unsure as to why
this is.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site