Re: Using a higher rated DC transformer

"Connah" <connah@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>The measurement needs to be made with a cheap multimeter
>>rather than a more sophisticated True RMS Voltmeter.
>
>Good thing I'm cheap, eh? I have one available. Again I would like to
>say thank you to everyone for your helpful comments! I really
>appreciate your taking the time!

A final point - using a regulated 12VDC supply will likely work even if the
device expects an unregulated supply. In the latter case, the internal
regulator will output an even lower voltage and as long as there's adequate
headroom (i.e. the regulator needs a couple of volts to do its thing), it
will be OK.

http://davehouston.net