Re: Using a higher rated DC transformer

Hi guys! Thank you very much for your reply! On another newsgroup, a
gentleman mentioned that if the higher rated wall transformer is
UNregulated, then it may put out higher voltage but if it IS regulated,
I should have no problems. So with that in mind, 2 questions.

1) Is this accurate?
2) The power supply I intend to use reads:
12VDC 2.5A MAX

Does the word "MAX" there imply that devices drawing a lower current
can indeed make use of this transformer. Does that word imply it is
"regulated"?

Again, thank you!