Re: TRIAC dimmer control spreadsheet; was Re: Controlling Holiday Lights

I have done some playing around with this and found that in order to change
the intensity of a light very very slowly, without seeing any noticeable
step
in brightness (especially noticeable at the lower brightnesses) you need
each
change in time to be around 10us or so.  This means for the criteria
mentioned,
you would need many hundreds of steps, likely about 500 or so.  I would
consider a 100 step dimmer marginal and a 256 step minimum.  But that is
just my preference :-)