Re: What do I need to watch my Tivo in Bedroom

> Will that work on a Directivo?  What I have is a Directivo in the
> living room and a Satellite Receiver in the Bedroom.   I guess I would
> need a AB switch in the bedroom to switch between the satellite
> receiver and the 2nd coax I would run from the Tivo in the living room
> to the bedroom.

Up until last week we had just that setup.  The bedroom had a regular
receiver, connected to the TV via composite.  The Tivo was connected via
coax on RF channel 3.  Flipping between them was as simple as the "Input"
button on the remote.  If you don't have video into the TV then, yeah, you'd
need some sort of switchbox.  Or you'd need an RF modulator that put the
Tivo signal onto some other unused RF channel.

As for coax, you can use a diplexer to put the regular satellite signal AND
the RF signal onto the same wire.  That way you only need one into the room.
You use a diplexer on both sides, one to put the TV and the satellite signal
together at the source and the other at the TV to pull 'em back apart.  We
actually still use that now that we replaced the receiver with a DirecTivo
HDVR2.  I had to pull a 2nd cable for the 2nd sat tuner.

-Bill Kearney