Re: LED lighting

Mike Barnes wrote:

> I think you're a factor of 100 out, and that the figures imply an
> efficiency of less than 1.6%, not 0.016%. That does seem low, but
> not ridiculously low, e.g. Wikipedia states 1.9% for a 40W bulb
> (<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incandescent_light_bulb>).

a side note...

some people may have noticed trucks and cars using LED tail and marker
lights.

well, when i got into Snow Removal this year it was explained our snow
equipment will NOT be using LED lighting because they do not generate enough
heat to melt the snow of the lamp lenses.

more efficient is not always desireable it seems :) :)

   -k