Re: LED lighting

Jim Baber writes:
They are quite expensive, but seem to be base common to regular
incandescent and compact fluorescent bulbs.

I would wait there are other goodies in the pipeline, One is a new
derivation on the LED that uses a LED to excite other diodes on the
inner surface of a bulb that reportedly gives the same lumen output as a
standard 60 W incandescent does with only 1.0 W of input power at
115VAC.  That is much better than CFL or regular LED, but still in
development

Jon Juhlin wrote:

>LED lighting might be a little off topic for this newsgroup but I'm assuming
>that users of this newsgroup are also the most likely to be fluent in this
>area.
>
>I am building a new house and had been hearing about LED lighting but when I
>went to local suppliers like Home Depot etc found that there was nothing
>available. I am assuming that this will mean that LED lighting is still a
>little exotic (aka expensive) and that I may want to wait a little while.
>
>But will this lighting require special fixtures or will they retrofit easily
>into existing light fixtures such as track lighting, "eyeball" fixtures
>and/or regular fixtures that attach to octal enclosures.
>
>Jon Juhlin

Jim Baber
Email jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1350 W Mesa Ave.