Project ideas?

First of all I'm a newbie in this area! In two weeks time in need to
submit a project proposal. This is going to be the final year project
for the computer engineering course. I need to know if it is possible
to develop a home automation system that is controlled directly from a
pc. I intend to control lights, get a live feed from a camera and also
if it is possible to control an air condition. Can someone please help
me with some ideas and suggestions?

Thanks,
Clayton