Re: Robert L. Bass & Elk Products

Hugeass wrote:
> Hmmmmm.. Robert L Bass from Basshome.com  & Bassburglaralarms.com is no
> longer listed on Elk' s Retail Dealer page. Not only ADI finally caught up
> with him.

<snip>

The individual posting this knows nothing about how the security
industry works.  There are any number of reasons why Elk would chose not
to list a particular Dealer.  It may be that Robert wasn't purchasing
sufficient quantity of product but I think the most likely explanation
has to do with establishing relationships with other distributors.  For
instance, in Canada, there is only one authorized distributor of the ELK
M-1 Gold panel and that is Burtek Systems (and their parent company
Richardson Electronics).  Tri-Ed is listed as a distributor (they're
even bigger than Burtek), yet they do not have access to the M-1 Gold.
Anyone that was purchasing from Elk direct before the exclusivity
agreement with Burtek was signed can still obtain the product (they're
just not listed for legal reasons).

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com