Re: Robert L Bass - NOW 21 BBB COMPLAINTS STRONG

Robert Green wrote:

> I know what they post on their website, and it's NOT enough information to
> decide in *any way* whether one of those complaintants was you or your
> friend or some member of your family or one of the dozen or so ASA'ers that
> seem to have taken an organized dislike of Mr. Bass.  Gee, who ever HEARD of
> someone filing a phony beef to make an enemy look bad?  That's never
> happened ONCE before in the ENTIRE history of humanity (he says, dripping
> sarcasm).

The website is only a "guide".  It's not meant to give you definitive
answers.  Hopefully it will prompt you to call the local BBB to discuss
the company before you decide on making a purchase.

> The truth is, the information presented at that site can't tell us much of
> anything, not even what percent of his overall business those claims
> represent.

It's not meant to.  It does however present an *accurate* count of the
number of complaints received.  I, for one, don't believe for one minute
that Bass does the kind of business he says (30 sales a day).  He seems
to forget certain facts concerning his own dealings with a local
distributor (who happened to provide him information on the purchasing
habits and volume of a competitor).  I'll just leave it at that for now.

> Actually, when I see how much time and effort goes into anti-Bass websites
> and postings, it's no stretch at all to believe that same sad "energy" isn't
> finding its way into BBB claims that have no merit.

You really don't know how the BBB operates then.  I'd suggest giving
your local chapter a call.  They'll tell you all about the complaint and
the dispute resolution process.  My company's been a member of the BBB
for over ten years.  I can honestly say that *any* company with this
number of complaints (21 in 3 years) merits some serious further
investigation.

> In fact, because of the
> repeated efforts of that cabal, it's quite easy to believe that *none* of
> the complaints have merit.

Please don't put me in the same category as the "Goofy Groupie
Muderator".  I don't munge my email addy or post messages in which my
identity is altered to deliberately bypass email filters.  I figure
everyone is entitled to their right to read what (and whom) they choose.
  If you have me filtered, that's your right.  I'm not a troll.

> What do *you* read into the BBB listing that I don't see?  Maybe my browser
> isn't showing me data that you can see . . .

Nothing.  Other than raising a "flag" that would prompt me to
investigate this online vendor further before making any sort of
purchase decision.  Perhaps a "quick boo" at
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com/buyingonline.htm would be in order.

Regards,

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com