Re: XTB - the Future of X10 has arrived!

"BruceR" <br@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> BUT, just how much bandwidth is really needed to turn on a light
> switch? Really no more now than 30 years ago.

Nomad has a point, though.  If the BPS were faster, you would not likely be
experiencing some of the macro problems you are.  HA transmission do need to
be faster because the time lag for X-10 has always been there and chaining
macros really makes it obvious that it's slow.

> What's REALLY important to me is that the light goes on or off
> when it should, every time.  To that end I've ripped out all my X10 >
stuff in favor of Insteon. It works much better for single commands
> BUT, until I can run a macro error free without  inserting a bunch
> of delays, it's actually not as good as what I had with X10.

That's a courageous admission but you're also in a rather unique situation
with the Stargate.  I'm really chafing to see how the XTB performs in the
Aloha state.  I think you'll be wowed.

> So if the XTB can solve the X10 signalling issues I'll
> happily use the X10 feature of the Insteon switches til I have a
> better controller.

Well, for me, the XTB arrived at a time when I had done all I could do to
make X-10 better but ran out of tools.  I'm still looking to upgrade to
something better, but I don't feel as pressured as I did by X-10's previous
unreliability.

--
Bobby G.