Re: splitting composite video signal

I will say the heresy ... you could try the Y cable approach and see what
you think.

It is not the best method, but it is really cheap and quick to try.  You
might find that it works well enough for your taste.

The impedance of the circuit is not right and a lot depends on the input
amplifiers of the equipment.

The "proper" way is to use a distribution amplifier.  This isolates the
output that you are distributing from the inputs you are feeding and gives
each input it's own good signal.
Here is an example of one: www.smarthome.com/8141.html

--
Bill Fuhrmann