Re: fluorescent bulbs + x10

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:UcOdnau0MPJkODPZnZ2dnUVZ_rqdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxx

[snip]

> Then go for it.  CFL's and X-10 do not mix well.  X-10'ers should probably
> be barraging lamp manufacturers to address the problem.  When I return
> these
> bulbs, I'll hopefully be casting a vote for X-10 friendliness.

I was just going to ask about this. I'm surprised after all this time, that
they haven't built a better CFL bulb.

I've got one socket rocket that has not worked for almost a year, but I've
been too lazy to do any serious investigation. Although I'm pretty sure it's
the CFLs in the outside lights. Changing brands did not solve the problem.
The last couple of nights the lights on one aquarium would not go off, so
I've been turning them off with the remote when I go to bed. But tonight
this did not work. After a little head scratching I realized that the CFL
table lamp was still turned on. Turing off this lamp solved the problem. The
strange thing is that this lamp did not bother the aquarium lights in the
past! Do these things generate more noise with age?