Re: INSTEON: Let the recalls begin ...

On 2006-07-18, Robert Green <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But as my econ prof said "Wouldn't you rather be doing something else you
> *wanted* to do that day?"  Lost opportunity costs are hard to see, but
> they're there.

I find it interesting that you find lost opportunity cost and other time
expenses in Insteon while you continue to talk about how inexpensive X10
is.  I'm not going to claim that Insteon is cheaper than X10, but I don't
see how X10 is cheaper either.  It has all the same problems when dealing
with a new installation.  Yes, you can make it work quite well, but you
have to go through the debugging phase.  You frequently talk about all the
knowledge that's on the 'net and all anyone has to do is *spend time*
researching the issues.  You've also talked about the inexpensive pile of
X10 stuff you have for the inevitable replacement of dead switches.  If you
hvae to have a box of spares, no matter how inexpensive they were, the cost
has increased.  And of course, there's the time you put into actually doing
those replacements.

As I've said before, I have no problem with your use of X10, and I
wholeheartedly agree that your personal X10 experience has given you the
knowledge to act quickly at this point when dealing with X10 issues.  But
I fail to see why you're looking so hard to find fault with Insteon (and
others). You seem to only see the faults in the system you aren't using.

--
Larry Moss, http://www.airigami.com
PO Box 23523, Rochester, NY 14692, (585) 359-8695