Re: 6 miles of wire (was: RS-232 DB25 Breakout strip)

"Kurt Delaney" <kurt_dot_delaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

> This got me thinking -- 6 miles of wire sounds like a lot, but it really
is
> not that much.

These guys were using structured cable with 2 RG6QS and 2 CAT-5 cables in
every jacket and I don't think they were counting the separate cables in the
length total!  This home's automation center looked like a nuke sub's
missile room.  They even had a giant power conditioner with a coil that
looked to be over a foot in diameter.  It was very impressive.  I'm only
sorry I didn't tape it.

One thing's for sure.  Modern home automation = boatloads of wire!

--
Bobby G.