Re: RS-232 DB25 Breakout strip

"Dave Houston" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

> Try B&B Electronics. They used to have them.

Wow!  Look at all the serial-flavored goodies!

http://www.bb-elec.com/

Plus, lots of technical information that I'm going to need about connecting
RS-232 and 485 devices.  That will be handy because in addition to the
RS-232 control input, these MUX boxes have a RS-485 port to connect to each
other.

Lots of other information including the story behind the gradual
disappearance of serial ports from PC's:

http://www.bb-elec.com/tech_articles/diappearing_com_ports.asp

"A "Legacy Removal Roadmap" has been established at the Intel Developers
Forum in 1999 for the phasing out of "Legacy Technologies" in PCs. The first
to go in this timeline was the ISA slot, used for adding special function
cards to the available PC slots. Intel's Legacy Removal Roadmap calls for
the gradual phase out of other technologies. On the list for removal are the
following: Gameport/MIDI, PS2, Serial, Parallel, IDE, Floppy, VGA, and
eventually all user-accessible slots."

Oy!

Still looking for the breakout connector but I am sure it's here somewhere .
. .

--
Bobby G.