Re: RS-232 DB25 Breakout strip

news:43d6b9d9.415357812@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Do I want the DIN rail or the non-DIN version?  The DIN stuff looks like
it
> >would be easier to remove and replace.  Is there some other benefit?
>
> Only if you have a DIN rail. DIN rails (C shaped channels) are used here
in
> industrial control cabinets. In Europe they are also used in residences in
> enclosures designed to hold a DIN rail.

They look to be pretty cheap on Ebay.  Anything that helps keep the wiring
in line is useful.  I saw an old "This Old House" today where they explored
the bowels of a very high end home.  Six miles of wire of all sorts ended up
in the wire closet in the basement.  It was an 80 dimmer Centralite-sort of
setup.  I've never seen so much wire in a residence.

--
Bobby G.