Re: Trash-Bot

Dean Burell -
> Does the bot need to be free standing?  Can you put it on a track?  If you
> are using the guide wire method you would wind up digging some kind of
> channel to bury it anyway.  Another thought is to think of a similar
> methodology as a cable car, rather than mounting the locomotion onto the
> bot, mount it at the bots 'station'.

Nehmo -
A track would be fine; no steering would be necessary. But tracks are
expensive and require installation. This bot should work in the common
situation of a driveway leading the curb. The current state of
technology is advanced enough so that the navigation can be provided by
small a video camera, a computer, a steering servo, and some software.

For this first one, I'm pretty much settled on the chassis being built
from the Harbor Freight cart
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=38137

I don't know how to accomplish the steering and navigation yet.

--
          (||) Nehmo (||)