Re: Trash-Bot

"Nehmo Sergheyev" <nehmo54@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:V_2Af.81336$Dk.46956
@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com:

> I'm thinking of making a trash can/bag transporter robot, something for
> residential use, where trash is picked up once a week by the curb. This
> device would be a low flat container that would hold garbage bags and
> cans. When trash day comes, the robot would open a gate (gate has
> electrical power opener), then drive itself down the driveway to the
> curb. The trash gets picked up, and then the robot returns to its
> primary duty station, where it's connected to a recharger.
>
> Any suggestions?

I want to do something similiar.  But I wanted the bot to leave it at the
curb.  And getting the can off itself and onto the curb seemed too hard.

I planned on making the robot big enough so the can rides in the center and
the bot could lift and lower it into place.  It could also bring multiple
cans to the curb, one at a time.  (And I wouldn't have to worry about
someone walking away with it either.)

Also, it has to be waterproof.  There's nothing worse than dragging your
garbage cans to the curb in the pouring rain.