Re: Trash-Bot

> I want to do something similiar.  But I wanted the bot to leave it at the
> curb.  And getting the can off itself and onto the curb seemed too hard.

Don't bother.  Just automate the can or a carrier.  The downside, of course,
would be getting the trash guys to leave the damned thing upright so it
could return to storage.  Somehow robotwars comes to mind with automatic
righting devices.

I don't think it'd be all that good an idea to attach the motor/carrier
directly to a can.  The way they smack around the cans would wreak havoc on
any sort of motorized assembly.

Better to leave the cans separate and try to find ways to encourage them
being put back into the carrier.  If you're dealing with being disabled it
might be reasonable to ask the guys on the truck and/or the dispatch office
to help a little more than usual.  No guarantees, of course, and not all
areas have cooperative personnel.  But it'd be worth asking.

-Bill Kearney