Re: Detecting where a coax cable goes to

bruno.lerer@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Sorry for the newbie question, but what happens if there is a splitter?
>

> Also, is possible to tell - and if so, how - if there are one or more
> splitters between the attic and the room?
>
> And, another also, will the presense of one or more splitters affect
> the other approach suggested by others on this thread (volt-ohm/multi
> meter)?
>
> At least thehick's other idea - using a portable tv - should still
> work...

If there's another splitter, then it depends on the particular splitter
in question -- some will pass DC, others won't.  If it doesn't pass DC,
then neither the buzzer nor the meter will register the battery's
voltage.

As for using a TV, it'll introduce some ambiguity there, too, since you
might have two (or more) equally good signals.

If you have the same number of wires in the attic as wall connections,
there's probably not another splitter.

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@xxxxxxxxxxxx