Re: X10 General Question

"Mike C" <michaeljc70@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1138304187.943243.306260@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Okay. Thanks. I am having trouble setting the code on the Rocket Socket
> though (it doesn't have a dial). It says:
>
> Plug the lamp (with the socket rocket installed) into the same outlet
> as the transceiver.  Does this mean plug it into the outlet ON the
> transceiver or in the same electrical box as the transceiver?

The same *wall outlet.*  Use a table lamp plugged in to the upper upper
socket and the TM751 in the lower one.

> It then says to (within 30 seconds) press the ON button 3 times, about
> 1 second intervals. There is a comment that each press corresponds to
> the unit code.  So for code 3, do I press 9 times (pausing after each 3
> presses)?   It says it will turn the lamp on to confirm, but isn't
> doing that and it isn't turning on via motion detected (and I verifeid
> that is set to code 3). Everything is set to the same house code.

Nope - you're doing this the wrong way.  First, you program the motion
detectors to whatever housecode you're using and unit codes 1, 3 and 5 using
the instructions from my previous message.

Once the motion detectors are programmed to distinct unit codes you use each
one of them in turn to program the corresponding socket rocket.  Once the
motion detectors are programmed, plug the transceiver (TM751) into a outlet
that's on the same circuit as the socket rocket.  Then, press the ON button
on the *motion detector* three times in a row.  I suspect you are pressing
the button on the TM751 three times but that's the wrong button.  Then the
socket rocket should flash once to indicate that it has learned the same
code that you programmed into the motion detector.  Do the same thing with
the other two socket rockets and motion detectors.

--
Bobby G.