Can a halogen light be dimmed

I have 8 under the cabinet lights in my kitchen that use 15W halogen
bulbs. When they're on and your in the kitchen it's okay but I'd like
to dim them after the kitchen chores are done. I was thinking of
either adding a dimmer switch (yuck!) or automate them using a motion
sensor that detects when there is no activity for a period of time and
then dims them.

I am using homeseer.

Thanks
Ray