Re: Rosetta progress report

news:43daecdb.690555828@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Isn't SMT work normally done by wave soldering?
>
> Wave soldering is used with through hole components; reflow soldering is
> used with SMT.

You give me more reading work than my Econ professor did!!!!  So far, it
seems the most important topic in the soldering world is the advent of
lead-free solder and all of the problems that SAC solder causes when used
outside of a inert nitrogen environment.   Am I going to have to get a
pressure tank for my toaster oven?

Now to figure out what drossing, whiskering and filleting mean re: solder
and what all the various acronyms like HASL, OSP, Ni/Pd and look to look for
some basic soldering tutorials.

--
Bobby G.