Re: Rosetta progress report

news:43dc080b.631981031@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >"BruceR" <br@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> Sounds terrific! My preference would be for a populated board as doing
> >> the SMT soldering can be tricky for a lot of people (including me).
> >
> >And downright impossible for klutzes like me!
>
> Some enjoy DIY and some DON'T. ;)

I just enjoy it on a different scale.

The Winford breakout boards came today and they are sweet.  They're also
just about the smallest size of electrostuff I feel comfortable with.  It
should be a piece of cake to wire up an RS-232 line from the MUX to the PC.
I got a DB25 and a DB9 and they'll both mount nicely in a small project box.
Thanks again for the pointer.  It's exactly what my ham hands need to work
with electronic gear.

> Actually, it's not that tough to solder SMT by hand once you give it a try
> but I'm sure the majority will prefer the partially assembled route.

Isn't SMT work normally done by wave soldering?

> There has been a delay. When I went to submit the board design last night
> learned the plant will be shut down for the next two weeks to celebrate
the
> Chinese New Year. I'll try to get the code finished in the meantime.

Woof!  It's the year of the dog, if anyone cares!

--
Bobby G.