x10 cm11a PLC 2000SHL question

Hi,
I have a CM11A I use with the software it came with from X10.
I recently purchased a PLC 2000SHL lamp module to get the 9 minute fade
on rate.  Unfortunately I need to be able to send extended codes to
program it.
It mentions I can use the maxi controller (I think that is what it is
called)
All I have are mini controllers and a CM11A.  I assume I can use the
CM11A to do it.  Does anybody know how?  Surely someone has programmed
the extended codes on this before and can share how they did it.  I'd
rather not have to compile my own program just to send a few X10 codes
to the 2000SHL once to program it.
Thanks in advance