Re: x10 cm11a PLC 2000SHL question

I cannot find a manual for a "PLC 2000SHL" so I'm not sure how you set it. I
don't think any of the 2000* modules respond to extended commands (64 level
dim). Could you be confusing this with preset dim commands (32 level dim)?
Most of the SmartHome modules respond to preset dim.

For a 9 min fade rate, the 2000STW manual says to turn on the lamp module
from any controller, dim it to 0%, and tap the set button twice. You only
need to send preset dim commands if you want to set it remotely.

You can send commands with the CM11A using its communications bridge and the
command line but I don't think they define a way to send preset dim. See the
X10COMM.HLP file which should be in the folder where you installed
ActiveHome.