Wireless IR with Russound 857 Connecting Block

I'm still a bit new to the home automation space and I'm having
trouble figuring out the best way to handle remote IR. I have my a/v
equipment in a cabinet so I need to get IR signals into the cabinet. I
plan to do this with a Russound 857 and a wired IR receiver. However,
I also want to send IR signals from other rooms that I won't be able
to run wires to. Currently, I'm using Powermids. Can I use the
Powermid with the 857? Of course, I could simply use the Powermid with
an IR emitter in front of the wired IR receiver, but I was wondering
if I could plug the Powermid receiver directly into the 857? If not,
is there another wireless solution I should consider?

TIA.

 - Leon