Re: Insteon Compatability with X-10

Yes, I am building new and hope to avoid X-10 completely (except for my
alarm panel - Ademco Vista 20P -.... I like it for other reasons).  Since
the alarm panel transmits X-10 via a plug in transformer, is it correct to
assume that I could plug that transformer DIRECTLY into the "X-10 to Insteon
translator" (link below)   http://www.smarthomepro.com/2414x.html#cart

...and have GREAT performance because X-10 is immediately converted to
Insteon?

Would there be any ill effects from X-10 signal (possibly passing through
the translator)?  Or would the translator "absorb" all the X-10 signal and
just send out Insteon (remember that single source of X-10 signal would be
coming from the transformer that would be plugged directly into the Insteon
translator).