Re: Capacitor to bypass GFI outlet?

  Put the capacitors across, perform the tests, then remove
those capacitors.  Robert Green's warnings carry much merit.

  BTW, those capacitors are well below what should trip any
GFCI.  Two high voltage, 0.001 uf caps should be sufficient to
test.  There may be something unique to that particular GFCI.
This complication only made relevant when in combination with
something else that is also eating X-10 signals.  Notice the
trend.  There is no "this eats X-10 signals" and "that does
not eat X-10 signals".  There are combinations that conspire
to eat X-10 signals.  Appreciate that concept when trying to
locate what 'are' causing the problem.