Re: X10 Home Automation and Physical Security

>Here we differ.  True Muslims are not terrorists.  The
>unfortunate truth is that more people have been killed in the
>name of Christ (who certainly preached peace) than any other
>religion.  I happen to believe in Christ.  I also believe that a
>lot of people who go around proclaiming themselves to be
>Christians while practicing hatred and violating every principle
>of Christianity are as bad as any terrorist who claims to be
>Muslim.
>
>Side note:  The "Christian Right" is neither.

The Pope has recognized that for thousands of years, Christianity has
oppressed and killed those from other faiths.   In 2006 though, there
is no organized effort from the chruch to kill non-believers.  Peace
and co-existance is what Catholics and in general all Christians are
preaching these days.

Not so on the Muslim side...Osama bin laden is a hero to millions of
present day muslims.   When the towers came crashing down on 911, the
Palestinians were dancing in the streets.  (The international news
media didn't like this reality and only covered brief portions of this
story).

Polls indicate that there are thousands of followers of Islam in
Western countries that will not actually commit terrorist acts, but
will aid or at least sympathize with those who do.

Look at Hamas, which was recently elected to be the leaders of the
Palestinian people.   They don't want peace with Israel, they don't
want to co-exist with Israel, they have stated publicly that their
mission is to destroy Israel.

The same goes for that nut-job President of Iran.  One thing that the
Iranians do really well is profess hatred.  No other people in the
world burn with hate as well is this group.   And yet it is a blind
hatred...  They hate you Americans because their fathers hated you
Americans.   The Americans messed with their government in the 1950's
and yes, even over 50 years later they still hate you for this and
blame you for just about ALL the shortcomings of their society.

One recent US Representative suggested that if the war escalates, the
Muslim holy cities of Mecca and Medina should be bombed in
retaliation.  His remarks were condemned and not taken seriously.

Beachcomber