Insteon Compatability with X-10

Wow, great discussion on my other post.  THANKS you guys!

In reading over Insteon's white paper (please reference
http://www.insteon.net/pdf/insteoncompared.pdf ) I am confused about how
compatible Insteon really is with older X-10 items (it says Insteon devices
can switch to X-10 mode) and how to "address the older X-10 to Insteon"
devices

The note below is from the white paper.

  1.. At a minimum, X10 compatibility means that INSTEON and X10 signals can
coexist with each other on the powerline without mutual interference.
INSTEON-only powerline devices do not retransmit or amplify X10 signals. But
X10 compatibility also means that designers are free to create hybrid
INSTEON/X10 devices that operate equally well in both environments. By
purchasing such hybrid devices, current users of legacy X10 products can
easily upgrade to INSTEON without making their X10 investment obsolete.
I am NOT a present X-10 user (so my question may be a bit "dumb" - sorry)

Here is my question:

How would you set up the addressing so that a security panel (Ademco Vista
20) that could send out X-10 signals to the proper Insteon device?  I
read/understood how Insteon devices "learn to recognize" each other, but
with "X-10 signaling to Insteon", I am not sure how that would be set up.