Re: Best brand coax and F connector for HD cable?

Your story points out that even cable systems need maintenance. Exterior
connectors - even the "gold" ones are not impervious to the elements and
certainly not air and water tight.  Not only do the connectors
themselves go bad but the copper center conductor can tarnish and build
up an insulating patina that will compromise signal quality. It's not a
bad idea to change any outdoor connectors every year or so. It's an even
better idea to house all connections in a raintight enclosure.
  The thing about TV and cable modem signals not being compatible is
nonsense. However, too many splitters will provide too weak a signal to
the modem. A good quality cable amp with two way capability can solve a
lot of problems. You can get the Electroline 2100 series (and several
other good brands like PCI & SVI) on ebay for about $30.

Yes you can.........switch to satellite.>