Re: Best brand coax and F connector for HD cable?

"BruceR" <br@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Your story points out that even cable systems need maintenance. Exterior
> connectors - even the "gold" ones are not impervious to the elements and
> certainly not air and water tight.  Not only do the connectors themselves
> go bad but the copper center conductor can tarnish and build up an
> insulating patina that will compromise signal quality. It's not a bad idea
> to change any outdoor connectors every year or so. It's an even better
> idea to house all connections in a raintight enclosure.
>  The thing about TV and cable modem signals not being compatible is
> nonsense. However, too many splitters will provide too weak a signal to
> the modem. A good quality cable amp with two way capability can solve a
> lot of problems. You can get the Electroline 2100 series (and several
> other good brands like PCI & SVI) on ebay for about $30.
>

> Yes you can.........switch to satellite.>

You may be right about the TV/Internet cable thing but it solved the
immediate problem, which was the internet signal. It was more than likely
just bad wiring that had been removed but you're backing up my point that
these guys are not experts by any means, even though they may think so, and
that quite often it's just a fluke when they get things working. It's like
asking the Quick Lube guy about an engine problem. In my case the TV to the
computer was pointless and it hasn't been missed. However, thanks for the
cable amp advice and I'll keep it for the future.

Bob Walker