Re: Strain gauge

news:440362fd.822449656@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Kistler Technologies pretty much wrote the book on industrial type
> transducers.
>
>      http://www.kistler.com/do.content.us.en-us?content=KistlerCountryHome
>      http://203.147.186.54/html/Kistler/kistler_technologies.htm#contents

Thanks for the cite.  That's a lot of info to digest but from what I gather,
I'm out of luck.  Piezo sensors detect deltas only up to a certain point,
and it's measured in hours.

What would you do to try to measure both a house settling and/or a serious
stress on a support column?  I'm a little worried about the power chair that
dad's using.  He settled on the biggest one we could find because it had the
most comfortable chair but with him in it, it weighs close to 400 pounds.

I probably should start looking to seismology because part of their mission
is to monitor tiny movements of massive components.

Back to the drawing board.

--
Bobby G.