Re: Strain gauge

> What would you do to try to measure both a house settling and/or a serious
> stress on a support column?  I'm a little worried about the power chair that
> dad's using.  He settled on the biggest one we could find because it had the
> most comfortable chair but with him in it, it weighs close to 400 pounds.

Robert,

Check your local building code.  You may find that the floors are
designed to support 300 lbs per square foot.  I seriously doubt
your dad plus his wheelchair will affect the structure.

By way of comparison, my waterbed weighed ~3,200 pounds with no
one in it when I was in college.  During parties there were as
many as six people in tit, adding roughly another 1,000 lbs.

The downstairs neighbors didn't always appreciate my music but at
least we never fell through their ceiling.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.