Re: is x10.com dead?

FWIW I have been an X10 user for at least 10 years (best I can
remember).  I am currently using the latest CMs for controlling
lighting at both my Florida and Pennsylvania homes.  In both cases we
have heard comments from neighbors that they have no idea when we are
home or when we are not.  To me this means that the X10 has
accomplished it mission.  Is it perfect, no.  I have had the challenges
of learning it's limitations and complexities (distance on CM,
programming of smart macros, etc).  The bottom line is that I find the
X10 a great value for the money. Anyone considering using it should do
web based research to fully understand the system before purchase.  In
my opinion (and after 40 years in the electronics and computer
industry) X10 is not a "miserably defective solution".  Decide for
yourselves.