Re: Wake On Lan over the Internet

>Probably until the router's ARP entry for the PC times out...

Or alternately till the capacitors that were providing just enough standby
power for WOL to work discharge :-).

If you could connect another computer to the LAN and see if WOL always
works from it, that would eliminate standby power as the culprit
(I know if I actually unplug my computer then plug it back in later,
WOL won't work till I have manually powered up at least once).
--
      email: Tom.Horsley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx icbm: Delray Beach, FL      |
<URL:http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley> Free Software and Politics <<==+