Re: Wake On Lan over the Internet

Thomas: following your suggestion, I have connected another computer to
the LAN and waited 1 hour after switching off my computer (to discharge
the capacitors), then I tried WOL (via LAN) and it worked fine,
therefore capacitors shouldn't be the problem

Ian: my PC has a dynamic (DHCP) address, so this could be the problem

Dan: how can I add a static ARP entry to the router? I read the manual
(http://www.corega-international.info/u_pdf/COR-WLBAR-AA_Manual_English.pdf)
but I didn't find anything related to ARP, there is only one screen
called "PC Database" that allows the user to add computers with Fixed
IP addresses, would this help? how can I set a Fixed IP address on my
PC (Windows 2000 Professional)?

thanks again for your valuable help

Lucia
Italy