Re: X10 Cameras PLEASE HELP

On 22 Feb 2006 10:50:59 -0800, Jazzer wrote:
> Sampy
>
> Thanks .. thats very helpful.  I was suspicious of the quality of the
> X10 cameras.  I am now researching wireless web server cameras. 801.g
> wireless cameras.  I am hoping those will work a little better.....
>
> If you have any experience with those, I would love some
> recomendations.  I need somehting for a driveway and maybe something
> for the front of the house.
>
> Jazzer.

My fried bought a D-Link as a Christmas present and I'll be honest the
features are lacking. There is no security, I'm not sure I can set a
channel and it's interface is pretty lacking. The camera appears to be
OK but I haven't been able to put it through it's paces. I have a
PSK-WEP setup (AES) and I now need to setup a second WAP to support
the D-Link.

BTW, I think this is an older model a DCS-900W. Oh and I still
appreciate the gift, my friend is not an networking expert so he's not
at fault. I'll just throw an older 802.11b wireless router on the LAN
to handle the D-Link.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site