Re: Electronically controlled HVAC damper?

Good point ... my plan had been to do this to only a few key registers, so
it shouldn't be any different from those times when we manually close those
registers.  Plus, there's enough leakage from the poorly sealed ducts that
I'm not too worried about back pressure :-)

Regarding qualified HVAC people, I've had a few out to look at the system,
and nearly all of them have had little to no imagination.
Example.
Here in Colorado in the summer, it's 90-100 during the day but drops to 60
at night, there comes a point every evening when I would like the system to
automatically turn off the AC, open up the damper, and just have the furnace
fan pump cold evening outside (filtered) air through the house.  Talking to
most HVAC people about a wild idea like that and you get blank stares.
I can't imagine what kinds of looks I would get if I told them I was hooking
up servos from remote control aircraft so my PC could open and close my
registers.

Long-term, if this works, and I do it to more than just a couple registers,
I've seen some pressure-controlled dampers that are designed to prevent
exactly the kind of over-pressure you're talking about.