Re: Whole house audio - Nuvo or ChannelPlus?

> >Take a look at Russound's CAV6.6
>
> Nice system, I love the video switching and !  What kind of cabling do
> you do for such a beast?  About double what I was hoping to spend, but
> the video switching would be worth it.

Bear in mind that it includes the amplification for each zone.  Everything
in that one box.

You wire it using CAT5 to the wall controller, speaker wire to the speakers
(often through the wall controller junction box) and then coax to wherever
you want the TV.  You can get baluns from them to use CAT5 instead of coax
if you prefer.  It's "only" composite video, not s-video or component.  But
it's more than adequate for regular TVs.  In the home theatre we run
composite directly from the source devices.

> As for analog inputs, really my main source would be AM football
> games.. which I think I could get streamed over the internet.

Take a look at J.River's Media Center program for windows.  We use it to
provide mp3 and streamed audio.  Video we get from regular AV devices (DVD,
DirecTV Tivo) because PC streamed video really isn't all that good.   Yes,
it can be done, but in reality it's been more trouble (and expense) than
it's worth.

> Other
> considerations would be CD/DVD Audio that friends bring over, Ipods,
> etc.  Fairly infrequent stuff, but having the option is nice.

Heh, take a look at Sonance's iPort in-wall iPod mounting boxes.  I haven't
installed our yet.

-Bill Kearney