Whole house audio - Nuvo or ChannelPlus?

Hello - first time poster to the CHA group, I have a feeling I'll be
frequenting this group in the future :D

I'm building a home and I'm trying to spec out a whole house media
distribution system.  Right now I am covering all my bases by hom-run
wiring speaker + 2x cat5e to each zone, as well as 2xrg6 + 2xcat6 for
video/networking, maybe shielded line level in a few spots, and perhaps
some conduit for future-proofing.

I'm focusing on audio distribution for the time being and wanted input
on a couple of options I have my eye on - the ChannelPlus MDS-6A & Nuvo
Essentia.

http://www.channelplus.com/product_detail.php?productId=89
http://www.nuvotechnologies.com/prozone/essentia.htm

These systems are pretty similar - 6 source / 6 zone expandable to 12
zone switching amplifiers with source select + volume + IR repeater at
the keypad.  The primary difference is the MDS-6A has an IR learning
keypad for local source control and 40W / channel.  The Essentia has
20W / channel, no IR learning keypad, but has a RS-232 interface on the
amplifier.. nice for home automation or custom control stuff.

Anyways, the cost is very similar so I'm just looking for input that
would guide me one way or the other.  Or if anyone has any other
recommendations I'm defintely open to them!

Thanks!

Eric