Re: Radio Broadcast for Home Automation?

Peter wrote:

> This sounds very interesting and I understand how it works. The VB coding is
> no problem. I can analyze it and rewrite it into C#, which is the language
> of my own software.

Well you're way ahead of the game then. If you're comfortable
programming then you could do it without homeseer and talk
directly to the AB8SS.

I like using HS though, because you can setup the events and the
trigger criteria from the HS user interface, then fill in the blanks
with custom code. It's a big timesaver, and the more complex the
setup the more it pays off to use HS, or something like it. I have
zoned whole house announcements tied into caller id, the security
system, plus other miscellaneous items.

> But I have still a problem. I am missing the link between the AB8SS unit and
> the different rooms.  Would that mean, that I have to wire all speakers from
> all rooms back to this AB8SS unit?
>
> How is your solution?

I ran a homerun wiring configuration. I prefer it over wireless.
Wiring is a pain, but it's a good long term investment.

--
Reg