Re: Radio Broadcast for Home Automation?

Peter wrote:

> My home automation can speak status messages over the PC speakers. Now I
> want to send this messages to all rooms in our house.
>
> Radio broadcasting seems not to be the best solution, because I would like
> to decide which message should be sent to which room.
>
> I am thinking about WLAN and audio streaming, but I am not shure if this
> accomplishes what I need.
>
> Does anybody have experiences with my kind of problem?
>
> Regards,
> Peter

I use this unit for switching, and control it via Homeseer.
Each room has a cheap set of pc speakers, which is fine
if you're just doing announcements.

http://www.hacs.com/ab8ss.html

This does everything you say you want to do, selecting
specific rooms on a per announcement basis etc, but you
may need to write some VB code to customize it. It depends.

Stuff you'd need to buy:

Speakers for every room
AB8SS unit
Homeseer