Re: software for TW523 on Linux

On 24 Feb 2006 07:31:21 -0800, bfay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Ok, I think I am getting closer to a solution from C Bower (and with
> translation from Neil... I am new to home automation stuff).  Now I
> feel more confident to find a solution.
>
> Do you, gentlemen, have a simple solution to suggest for my actual
> hardware on hand:
>
> TW523
> some light modules
> some appliances modules

If you don't mind the expense the ADI Ocelot is a good choice:

http://www.appdig.com/adicon_new/ocelot.htm

Or less expensive is the LynX10:

http://www.danlan.com/

or least expensive:

Build the parallel port interface and

http://www.desert.cx/

But it's for the Linux 2.2 kernel and I have no idea how hard it
would be to port over to the 2.4 or 2.6 kernel.

> My goal is to find the cheapest and simplest solution to use those
> modules interactively from a Linux box.

You normally can't do cheap, simple and it works.  There are
exceptions but I don't think this is one of them.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site