Re: software for TW523 on Linux

Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 03:28:43 GMT, C Bower wrote:
>
>I think C Bower is proposing an alternate solution.
>> I have a kludged together system that works pretty well.  I have a CM-15
>> controller controlled by a PC and programmmed for most functions.  For
>> remote access I use a linux box running apache.  I use a CM-17 (firecracker)
>> and bottlerocket (google for it) to drive the CM-17 (which sits 2 feet from
>> the CM-15 which provides an all house code tranceiver).  A simple web page
>> allows me to control everything by invoking bottlerocket with the
>> appropriate arguments.  A tranceiver module could also be used, but only
>> allows a single house code.
>>
>> You could also use a CM-11.  Linux software to drive the CM-11 is available
>> on the net, but since my kludge is working, I've had no desire to pursue it.
>> I have a spare CM-11 in the drawer right now.
>
>That was a bit confusing, translation:
>
>CM-15 = CM15A (X10 wired and wireless transceiver)
>CM-17 = CM17A (Firecracker X10 wireless transmitter)
>CM-11 = CM11A (X10 wired transceiver)
>
>You don't need to Google for the Bottle Rocket software as I am now
>the keeper of the page:
>
>http://www.linuxha.com/bottlerocket/
>
>There are other easier solutions and the software links can be found
>on my pages. I think Smarthome has a thing called the Two-way
>interface for the TW523. It's expensive and you'd probalby be able to
>get other hardware cheaper to transmit and receive X10. ... Drivers on
>my page.

Also, I think Micromint still offers the PLIX in both serial and parallel
for those who might want to roll their own but don't want to learn µC
programming.

I will have to create PIC firmware and ZX-24 firmware to handle a TW523 for
roZetta and for a revamped Transmogrifier. If Jeff Volp wants to offer it, I
can develop an 8-pin PIC to handle the TW523 via RS232 as one more option
for a small generic DIY board I've designed.